Friday 4 July 2008

Fountain Photographs and Interviews / Egypt Challenge

It seems our fountain project has been discovered by the media.
Kiera here. We had to stand by the fountain and we had to put our hand under the water as it shot up. Just as I did it the wind blew and I got soaked. My photograph was taken any way and I can't wait to see if its used in the TES.

Emma here. I was interviewed by a lady who asked me how the fountain worked. I had to stand by the fountain and try and touch the water as she took my photograph. We also had to jump on the sensors to the water went higher or lower. It was fantastic fun.

We are also thinking of an area of the subject of Ancient Egypt to research and present to the class. We may make a play, a poster, a poem or film as long as it tells the rest of the class about the subject.

Sam B here. As part of our challenge about Egypt I am making a poster about the pyramids. I've done some research to find out how they were built. The got loads of stone and added them in layers in the the shape of a square based pyramid. inside were amazing tunnels leading to a Pharaoh's tomb.

Everyone in Year 3 is excited about tomorrow's fete and the Fountain launch next Wednesday.