Friday 27 June 2008

SATS and More!

A lot of children found they really had to use their critical thinking skills when doing SATS this week.
"I thought the maths was a mixture of hard and easy work. I could work most of it out though and think I did all right." (Erik)
"I thought the writing was interesting. I wrote a long piece of work." (Abigail)
"I found it a bit hard because the questions were difficult. I think I did well, as I did my best." (Joshua)
"When we did maths on Tuesday, I think I got all of the maths sums right
because I used all the strategies I'd learnt during the year. (Sam B)

In our class this week, we've also been thinking about team work. We heard a story about some giants who forgot the useful skills of Knee-high Nigel. They forgot how clever he was because he was small. He forgot he needed their strength to build his castles.
After hearing the story, we got into groups to see if we could work as a team. Some of us found it was quite hard.
Sam D worked with his group to make a robot. "We made a plan, chose which bit we were going to do, and made a robot out of multilink. We were proud of it in the end."
Emma enjoyed making a castle. "It was bit messy on your hands, but the end result was really good."
"Our group (Joshua talking) made models of the giants in the story and Knee-high Nigel. It made us think about size isn't as important as what you do in a team."
Abbie says, "Working in a team taught me that not everyone can get their own way or what they want to do, but the end result is better if we share ideas."
Do come and see what we made. There are photographs, but we still have trouble putting them on the blog!