Friday 13 June 2008

Poetry, Pyramids, Puzzles and Sports Day....Hooray!

Hello it's Alice here....We listened to lots of lovely poems.
We wrote some of our own.
But what I liked doing best
Was reading one into the microphone.
(It was about Dinosaurs and it was funny!!)

Hi It's Sam Barnes here. We wrote poems acrostic poems about our Dads to celebrate Fathers Day.This is mine:-
Fantastic father
Amazing dad
Terrific Father
Happy as ever
Eating all the time
Really funny.
(Have a great day Dad!)

Samuel Dorrington here.....
On the subject of Fathers Day, we wanted to make something special for our wonderful Dads. We made pyramids (Still learning about Egypt) and Mrs Hunt thought as our Dads are such heroes looking after us so well we'd be like the Egyptians and hide something inside for you. Hope you like it.

Abbie Maker talking..... I decorated my pyramid with drums as my Dad is in a band, football as he plays it and a big heart. I put a message on the base.

Alfie here... In maths we've been improving our skills by solving problems and doing maths puzzles. I was amazed I could do quite hard sums by thinking of facts I already knew. I got all the answers right. Here's one for you.....Use all the numbers 1-9 and place them on a 3 by 3 grid so the difference between each neighbouring number vertically and horizontally is odd. Ask me if you need help.